When it’s cold, a warm breakfast is just what you need to start the day, and if it’s make-ahead, even better.
Baked Oatmeal is 1.easy 2.cheap 3.delicious. It’s more of a cake, than regular oatmeal, it’s not much to look at, but it’s very satisfying and perfect for a pre-skiing breakfast.
You have all of the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. Try adding different fruits, dried berries, or nuts to make it your own recipe. I added frozen raspberries since we still have lots from last summer. Next time I’ll use the frozen huckleberries, and another time I’ll add coconut…
Oh, and it’s gluten-free, too!
Here’s the recipe. Let me know what you think and how you revised it to make it yours…
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup milk (I used 2%, but any kind is fine)
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1.Grease a 8″x8″ or 9″x9″ metal pan
2. Mix first 8 ingredients together. Pour into greased pan.
3. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top.
4. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. In the morning, remove pan from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pan in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
6. Spoon into bowls and serve with warm milk. Enjoy!