Happy July 4th eve!
Most of the world is experiencing heat that would make Beezlebub sweat. So, here’s my favorite Summer drink. The bourbon compliments the sweet juices perfectly. You can thank me later.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups strong brewed black tea
- 2 cups bourbon (such as Jim Beam)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle of 7up or Sprite (regular or diet, your choice)
- In a large bowl , mix everything. Transfer to zip top bags, and freeze 8 hours.
- Remove the frozen mixture from the freezer and let stand for about 10 minutes. Break up with wooded spoon to make a slushy. At this point you can pour it into a pretty pitcher. Spoon slush into glasses, and top off with the soda.
This would be a great drink to take to the pot-luck, or serve at your next soiree, or better next, keep in the freezer just for you….
Recipe is a combo from allrecipes.com, Southern Living, and moi. Photo from allrecipes.com.